1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New England's dominance comes to an end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Re: New England's domiance comes to an end

semantics dog, semantics. ... pro soccer.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Re: New England's domiance comes to an end

I'll give you that. But I think the MLS model is on the rise. I have witnessed sold out stadiums for the MLS and I think it could rise to the level of the NHL and maybe higher. Of course it won't rise to the level of MLB, NFL or maybe NBA, but I think it will do quite nicely for itself.

Now, if the men win the World Cup, then all bets are off and it could become a major player, but the likelihood of that happening isn't much.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It was actually a well played game; very entertaining. Twellman's first goal to give New England the lead was beautifully done, clinical. Houston's first goal was very ugly and just wasn't very good form. Houston's second goal for the win was downright incredible.

It was a solid game to watch, for those that did. I don't expect it to have better ratings than the NFL games that were on, but those that watched should feel rewarded.

Draft saved Draft deleted