1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Column for Mushnick?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Feb 8, 2009.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Taking on the over-hype of the local news weatherman reporting a potential snowfall isn't exactly going after the ethics of Murdoch media and operations. Of course, you know better.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Blasted her seven ways from Sunday, for that and for sitting down with Dick Scaife.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I do remember this from you. Of course, you were already in Obama's camp.

I still can't believe she even had a sit down with Scaife.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Believe it . . . as you also have to believe that HRC expressed abject public admiration for Rove last year (in respect for some of the results Rove got, to be sure, but still . . . ) -- because it happened.
    To me, that's up there with praising certain notorious characters for starting off well, but going too far. Respect for someone's job efficiency is one thing, but you have to maintain SOME standards, or you're lost.

5. YankeeFan

Yeah, because Rove = Hitler.

Can you libs/dems please drop the Hitler analogies? You look dumb and you diminish the evil that Hitler was by comparing him to a republican political operative.

6. "Starting off well and going too far" is an SportsJournalists.com inside joke, yf.
    Relax.

7. YankeeFan

Nothing in the Post (or at least nypost.com) from Mushnick today. He usually publishes on Friday.

8. cranberry

There was nothing in the NY Times from George Vecsey today and Ken Rosenthal hasn't posted anything since Wednesday! What is this world coming to?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No kidding. I wrote mine the way I wrote it for precisely that reason.

10. Red Smith, on the other hand, is still dead.

11. cranberry

Actually, Ken did post a story as long as we're keeping score.

Draft saved Draft deleted