1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New coach pulls women's basketball player's scholarship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 11, 2007.

1. accguy

accguy Member

I guess at Maine they can't say that women's basketball players aren't treated like the men.

Don't know how often this happens in women's hoops, but in men's hoops there are players run off all the time.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I see alot of women's basketball players who would have a hard time pulling their own weight..
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cindy Blodgett says screw her.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Did she eat Oliver Miller?

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

When I read the story, losing a scholarship didn't see so bad from what the headline said: Coach cut Lawrence's Colon.
    Ouch!!!

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Her polyps weren't healing like the coaching staff hoped, I guess.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ain't everyone?

[​IMG]

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Were it only true that they only look bad on TV!!!

Sorry to hurt your feelings, ma'am, but women's basketball is nothing more than a subsidized self-esteem builder. At one time or another I've covered women's track, tennis, swimming, volleyball, soccer, gymnastics and basketball. I've seen it close up enough times to know that women's basketball is far and away, without a doubt, the WORST so-called "sport" played in a wide-scale basis.

I'll grant you that most of them could "smoke my ass up and down the court" since I'm confined to a chair, but then again, no one ever gave me a scholarship to "work just as hard as everybody else."

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You're an ass. That is all.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yes, but I speak the truth about this leech of a "sport."

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

As long as field hockey is played in more than one school, there is no way women's basketball is the worst sport played on a wide-scale basis.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

In your world, maybe. Not in mine. I prefer women's basketball to the showboating crap that masquerades as the men's game.

Going around insisting that any sport is a "leech" is asshatery of the first order.

Draft saved Draft deleted