1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New cell phones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

We are getting ready to ditch T-Mobile once our contract is up at the end of the month. I have the old Motorola smartphone, which was state of the art three years ago and he has some piece of crap that does nothing. We both have fairly new ipods so it seems silly to buy two new iphones. Any suggestions? We have major issue being right on the river across from Canada and our phones not infrequently roam over to Rogers Network, where they charge us an arm and a leg and we have to call and get it taken off which T-Mobile is nasty about. I've wondered if Verizon or AT&T w/iphone might work better.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

As an added bonus, your map won't block anyone's view of the TV. :D [/quoting stupid and false TV commercial]

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I just got a 16G iPhone 3Gs two days ago. Love it. I was looking to upgrade from my 8G iPod and buy a GPS for my car for Christmas. Instead, I just bought the phone since I get both with it. Got a great price during AT&T's Black Friday sale.

Anyone wanna buy a slightly used LG Xenon?

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I had a samsung flip phone for the past three years with a very basic, low end camera. But it did also have Internet on it, but was very ineffiecient, especially compared to the iPhone. completely night and day. I used to consider myself happily low tech, but this phone I have to admit is a lot of fun so far.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That would be the same phone I got. Have had it for a week and haven`t figured out everything it can do yet.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Can't even tell you how jealous I am. Work came back saying Rogers won't let them upgrade my phone, even though it means I'd be paying them money to do so. Something about not being able to upgrade until a contract runs out. Ridiculous.

7. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Now that I have my new phone and I'm sure I'm going to stick with it, I'm thinking about selling my old one on eBay. I've never done this before, and my primary concern is having personal info fall into the wrong hands. Is there a way to "wipe it clean" and reset it to factory settings with nothing on it, or do I have to manually delete everything I've put in there (contacts, pictures, texts, etc)?

The phone in question is the original LG env.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

http://www.recellular.com/recycling/data_eraser/

Draft saved Draft deleted