1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New cell phones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 15, 2009.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I've had a Storm for about six months now, which mens I have 18 more months before I can unload it. I will say that after I had to replace my first one in July after losing it, my replacement was much, much better.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I'm concerned about the all touch screen usage of the ipod. I'm not used to texting on a screen. How hard is it to switch to a touch screen from actual keys.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm too used to the QWERTY. I've tried iPhone texting and can't really do it as well, or fast, as I'd like.

4. KG

KG Active Member

I'm hoping I can adapt quickly if I ever get one.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

It's not a super quick transition, but when my laptop bit the dust during a hockey game last week I used my iPod Touch to type out all of my game notes and the game summary in the third period and got it done in time.

Physical keys are nice, but it's like anything else - the more you use it, the faster you get.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Yeah I was looking at those plans, they seem much more reasonable than my current plan with Bell which is costing me an arm and a leg to the point where I use it only when absolutely neccesary, and even then I think I'm still getting hit at more than $140 a month.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

:)
    I love my Pre, watched the Phins-Panthers game on it last night because I was working, amazing phone.
    Luggs, if you need any quick help, go to the forums on PreCentral.net

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

For what it's worth, I bit the bullet and upgraded my Verizon plan to the Connect level and got a Samsung Rogue. I'll echo what others who have it have said so far on this thread: It's freaking sweet.

My only regret is waiting as long as I did.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Does anyone have the Blackberry Tour?

I am with U.S. Cellular, and am thinking about taking advantage of its four-day free phone special. After looking through their phones, it seems that the Tour is the best.

They also have the Curve, the LG Bliss, LG Tritan, Samsung Caliber and the Motorola Crush.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Great tip... THANKS. :) I thought I was going to have a problem going from the Qwerty keyboard on my Treo to the smaller Qwerty keyboard on my Pre, but that has not been a problem. I can't even recall typing the wrong letter once. You talked me into it, fella!

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I suppose I should update with my final choice. I ended up with an iphone 3GS. It's been a week now and still no buyers remorse. Gotta say I love the thing. texting is so much easier than on my old phone, have had no issues with coverage, it's versatility has been a huge plus, and it's all at about 60 per cent of what I was spending with my old phone. Thanks for all of your help.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have a three year old Nokia which I guess in cell phone years is about 10,000. I talk to HC and my three kids and I don't take pictures

However, I think an Iphone would be extremely cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted