1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Britain (CT) copy editors

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by budcrew08, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Ya know, I really try hard to always look at the bright side of life ... I really, really try hard ... I try so hard that I even have to throw this up here to brighten this thread ...

[​IMG]

Well, I tried, anyway.

Hammer away again, gents.

2. JimMerritt

JimMerritt New Member

So, they contacted me to set up an interview, should I be considering this job, since this would be my first job right out of college? Or should I shy away from it?

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

no way in hell do you shy away from it. a job is a job. just always have an exit strategy and get everything in writing.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Go for the job. Spend a few months there, get a feel for the area, see what it's like. If you like it, continue on. If you don't like it, leave.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Since no one else seems willing to say it, I will. Yes, shy away from it. This is a company that is on the verge of insolvency.

Spend a few months there? Yeah, that's pretty likely, given their penchant for dumping people within weeks of hiring them.

You'd be better off rolling burritos. And you'd make more money.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's JRC. Run like hell.

Draft saved Draft deleted