1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new britain, conn: "starting-level pay ... lot of experience and responsibility"

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by whatwoulddamondo?, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

It inspires me.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I miss your insight

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Unparalleled insight, BYH ... and yet JRC is deserving of every word.

Bob Jelenic made a big mistake not promoting you to HR or PR for his empire.

4. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I <3 BYH.

I'll miss him when he dies in six months.

5. goneup

goneup Member

It is a job. That's relatively positive.
    You don't have to live in New Britain or Hartford. You could also rob banks and live out in the pretty, leafy burbs with the Courant editors.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's JRC. That outweighs any positivity.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

will we have a service for him?

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This is why I love this place.

The carrier pigeon line from Thailand was especially choice.

9. True enough. Maybe not ideal, but it is something.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

No offense, but anyone who thinks a JRC job is something positive has never worked for the company. There's nothing positive to be taken from the experience.

If you've worked there, you didn't laugh at the sucking dick for money line. Because you'd rather do that than work at the JRC again.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

naw, the beating on jrc here is excessive. if i were you, i'd ignore it all, write all of us off as dumbasses, and apply for this position.

please keep us updated, and soar, fly like the wind, my friend.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Not all of you should be ignored or written off, because some of you have good information. The trick is sorting through what is good and what is not, and applying it to you. For example, BYH obviously had a negative experience with a JRC paper, but I had a positive one and would work for that paper again. The lesson is to listen to what others say, then process it, because what one person can't adjust to, another person doesn't really mind.

As far as applying, I wouldn't, because a copy editor is not what I want to be as my main job. I don't mind doing it on the side as part of my job, but I'm a reporter first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.