1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Brad Paisley song about race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/09/entertainment-us-bradpaisley-idUSBRE93812520130409

He's getting a lot of grief for "Accidental Racist." I give him credit for trying to write a song that matters and that says something, and I really don't think he thought he would "solve" the issue in three minutes and change over four verses, and maybe a song like this should be clunky and not a foot-tapper, but...
    he does seem to have brought black people and white people together in their united mockery of the song.

Here's the song
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/brad-paisley-ll-cool-js-accidental-racist-song-raises-eyebrows-20130408

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

All country artists are racists. Except Hootie.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Accidentally.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The song -- and its sentiments -- don't sound racist per se. Just written from a point of view that exists in a lot of people. No big deal. A lot of artists do it.

I think what's far more offensive is a song featuring a Brad Paisley-LL Cool J duet.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Excuse me, are you Hootie?

6. joe

joe Active Member

You forgot Charlie Pride, you unpronounceable racist.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hey, I'm batting .500.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Col. Sharecropper wonders what all the fuss is.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I read the lyrics yesterday. I think it would work better in the hands of Weird Al or Dr. Demento.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Cowboy Troy is going to put a boot in somebody's ass if he doesn't get name dropped here pretty soon.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Does he even sing?

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Somewhere, Kool Moe Dee is laughing.

Draft saved Draft deleted