1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New book "Asterisk" confronts Game of Shadows

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creamora

creamora Member

There is a new book that was just published called Asterisk. The book is basically a line by line attack on the so called evidence contained in the Game of Shadows book.

Excerpts:

"Games of Shadows was supposed to be the definitive compilation of proof that Bonds used steroids. But the authors seemed to start with their conclusions and then work backward to try to make the available 'evidence' fit their predetermined conclusions."

"Was there another side to this story?"

"This book's central contention is that the case against Bonds was built on half-truths, speculation, innuendo, assumptions, rationalizations, exaggerations, and flat-out errors."

"No one out there is compiling evidence to defend Bonds. But plenty of contrary evidence exists. And there are plenty of problems with the evidence that has been compiled against Bonds. For example, we can start with the glaring absence of direct evidence."

This should be a fun thread.

2. Creamora*

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

creamora*

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Creamora*

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

creamora*

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Oh .. forgot.

Uh . .

creamora*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

you're right, attention whore jerkoff fanboi.

creamora*

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't know. i'm having fun.

creamora*

9. I'm enjoying this, too.

creamora*

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh hell, why not?

*creamora

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

For what it's worth, the book's Amazon listing:

http://www.amazon.com/Asterisk-Home-Runs-Steroids-Judgment/dp/1600780628/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205135779&sr=1-6

Worth noting that on the same page, game of Shadows is available . . .for six bucks. I guess they figure everyone has read it by now.

Oh, and . . .

creamora*

Let's keep doing this. Maybe he'll leave forever. Or come back just to irritate everyone . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.