1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New BCS standings are right here

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rufino, Nov 26, 2006.

1. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Lloyd Carr isn't/won't be nearly as outraged as that Urban Legend at Fraudida (I wish he's just shut the fuck up and quit whining like a schoolgirl).

Florida lost to Auburn, and faced only directional schools in the preseason ... lesson here is schedule at least one bona fide program in September, and not just the Norths, Souths, Easts and Wests of the nation (though I really can't blame Urban here ... he played the schedule he was dealt).

I've always liked the Michigan preseason model ... one toughie (a Notre Dame, Florida State, Miami or Washington), one middie (a Vanderbilt, Utah or Virginia) and one cupcake (i.e. MAC ... two this year because of the last-second addition of Ball State).

As a Michigan grad, good luck USC. You are gonna need it against the Buckeyes (and if you should happen to fall against UCLA this Saturday, I wouldn't mind a rematch against OSU on a neutral field).

Later, Gators (like, next year).

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

A playoff isn't coming.

Just tweak it.

Have the regular bowl tie-ins then have the extra game as the "plus-one" game.

Rose: USC vs. Ohio State
    Sugar: Florida/Arkansas vs. Michigan
    Fiesta: Oklahoma/Nebraska vs. Boise State
    Orange: Rutgers/Louisville vs. Maryland/Wake Forest.

Rose and Sugar winner meet for the title.

3. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

First of all, Meyer's said very little about the BCS. He answered a couple of questions at the start of last week and again after the game on Saturday. I guess he was supposed to say "the system's wonderful, love it, don't let us anywhere near the title game cause we suck!", huh?

Florida has a program that until recently was top 5 virtually every year on their schedule out of conference in FSU. Why should they be obligated to play that game in September? The two non SEC teams they had this year in September were both bowl teams last year. Ten of their thirteen games will have been against bowl eligible teams and they have a win over a team that will be ranked in the top 5 of the final BCS - but that can't stack up to Michigan's incredible schedule? Get real.

Draft saved Draft deleted