1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New AMC series Low Winter Sun

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tarheel316, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

First episode Sunday night was great. Gritty police drama and Mark Strong plays a powerful lead. Added plus for me is the presence of Lennie James and Sprague Grayden, who were superb in Jericho, in the cast.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have it on the DVR.

David Costabile is such a great character actor. He was so good on Breaking Bad and Suits.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good show... I'll definitely keep watching...

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We've DVR'ed it but one of the things that it intrigues me is that this is a remake of a British series with the same actor in the lead in each version. I'm curious to watch both.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I watched about the first 15 minutes, but found I was still so keyed up from Breaking Bad that I couldn't concentrate. Like the feel of it, though. Will definitely give it a chance.

6. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure I could focus on it after Breaking Bad, so even though I had it on, I recorded it so I can really watch it sometime this week.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Couldn't make it through the whole episode. Acting was terrible. Writing worse than that. Even a few quality HBO show alums looked like they were well out of place. While it was filmed in Detroit, it didn't feel like Detroit.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I agree. It was bad. I'm not even sure why I watched the entire episode.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued. Will hold off from seeing the British version (a mini-series) until the end of season 1. Lennie James, Strong, Costabile, Grayden are always good. Not sure I dig Grayden as much as a blonde. Ruben Santiago-Hudson (the Lt.) might be the most interesting character on this thing.
    And it's only 10 eps, so I'll stick with it. Done by the World Series and Walking Dead.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The fact that it's based on British TV is why it will suck. It's Detroit 2013. You do not need a limey template to make a great show out of that place.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the setting for Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome?

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

R.I.P., 1-8-7

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1578258/

[​IMG]

The complete first season also was the complete last season, unfortunately.

Draft saved Draft deleted