1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Amazonian tribe discovered

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 30, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A tribe never contacted by the modern world is spotted via helicopter ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7426794.stm

2. It's amazing. Did you see the pictures of them aiming their bows and arrows at airplanes? Like something out of a movie.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Did they look like this?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I saw that and understand why the government wants to "prove their existence." But think about what they might have done to these people, buzzing them like they did.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Pretty fascinating. Shame that they had to expose the tribe to the helicopters.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Leave 'em the fuck alone. They're far better off without knowing us.

Unfortunately that probably won't happen and they'll all have iPods within two years.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It's so fascinating that these groups still exist. Of course these photos getting worldwide internet distribution probably means the end for them is near.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This truly is fascinating.

I'd love to know what they're thinking when they see a 747 flying overhead at 35,000 feet.

9. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

[​IMG]

Ok you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I really don't see the problem with this. They know something else's out there. They've seen the evidence, like rich said.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I thought this, too. They must be freaking out.

It's totally fascinating, though.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think to them 747s and even that helicopter are like UFOs to us.

Imagine how world-changing it would be if a UFO landed and the aliens got out to talk to us. I think modern man intruding on these tribes is the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted