1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New ads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Sep 26, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's what mine does. It takes about 45 seconds to load each page, but then I'm fine.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can you do it in 8 seconds like BYH?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yes, and I fucking hate that. The server seems to hang up for a minimum of 30 seconds when trying to load any ad from servedby.precisionclick.com.

And that's why, a long time ago, I installed and use Firefox's Adblock extension.

And for a while earlier this evening I was getting this message about a "template parse error" from the server.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, it does here too at the office. Be interesting to see what happens when I go home and what the ZoneAlarm software does with theads

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, I fucking hate people that type shit in 2-point type so I have to copy, paste, open a new window and paste it in there just to see what they say. And it's never once been worth it.

Fucking stop it. All of you.

6. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

That's because I was screwing around.. has nothing to do with the ads.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've been getting a 503 error: Service unavailable message several times tonight; like the system is hanging up when trying to reload.
    2MCM is right about it being the ads...
    And if its a bitch on high speed, god help those on dialup...

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Has anyone else had the experience of getting a huge, page-sized pop-up, say from the Consumer Promotion Center, in the middle of typing a new post? Blonde woman, nice eyes, spread-eagled with a bigscreen plasma LCD? Just me?

The sidebars I can handle, even the monkeys and pink laptops, but the pop-ups need reconsideration.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Couldn't agree more.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, that should certainly spell an end to it.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

OK, so who's going to be the first to create a Zwinky? This could be like the new Sloganizer...

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Is parsing your template the hot new euphemism? And make the type at least 4 point. Jeez.

Draft saved Draft deleted