1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Addicting Geography Game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Missed five. Put Augusta in Georgia. Put Columbus in South Carolina (D'oh!). Have never in my life heard of Frankfort.

I would have scored perfect on the Canadian one, though. Let's hear it for Fredericton.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I had to ask Doc a lot of the states in the east. I knew most of the west and all the midwestern states, but didn't do any better the second time with the eastern states.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

15 right out of 50, but only 2 miles off. That means I actually guessed right on where some states were!

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The error averaging has to be off. I did better the second time, yet still had an average error distance of 4 miles.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yeah, I missed one by a complete state and on the next correct answer, it jumped from like 189 average miles to 4. Doc and I made that comment when I first played the game.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, I missed one by nearly an entire continent. :)

7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Yeah these average miles are effed-up. A 1-mile margin of error? I missed Juneau by 300 miles.

8. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I did that, too. I thought Columbia was in Missouri, which, technically it is. Obviously not a Mizzou grad. 68 percent.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

(that's the one I screwed up too...and I'm the one in love with Spurrier!)

Draft saved Draft deleted