1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New ABC circulation figures

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by VJ, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

If you own a store, do you really want to pay to reach people who are too cheap to buy their own copy of a newspaper, who instead read the one with all the mustard stains on it in the break room?

Paid daily newspapers have been telling advertisers for years that its paid audience is more valuable than the free alt weekly's. Now they want to say the opposite because it would be convenient to do so?

2. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

That's a good point. Macy's, a significant newspaper advertiser for decades, has been pretty adamant about its position that it really is only interested in paid circulation.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've been poking around the ABC site and I can't find a way to view the new numbers without being prompted for a login and password. Anyone else have better luck?

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

To answer my own question, the latest figures are now up in the free reports:
    http://abcas3.accessabc.com/ecirc/newsform.asp

5. Speedway

Speedway Member

You are reading the chart wrong. The 9% decline is based on comparisons from the same period a year ago, not six months ago.

6. Kevin Morales

Kevin Morales Member

Thanks for posting this. Always interesting to see my paper's (as well as other paper's) circulation.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Nine percent in one year still is pretty f..king scary.

8. Washington Times is under 100,000 now. Wow.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Boston Herald also slipped to 185k from 203k or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted