1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Never mind Springsteen, this really cuts like a knife

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

nickelback.jpg

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Her managers in the 1970s were idiots.
    For those that haven't heard the story - August 1974. Schaffer music festival in Central Park New York City. Boz Scaggs was originally supposed to headline a triple bill with Anne Murray performing second. Boz pulls out for some reason. Show's promoter replaces Boz with Springsteen. Murray's managers object to Springsteen headlining over her because she's had more commercial success. Bruce's manager (Mike Appel) says "fine, as long as he gets his full 80-minute set". Her managers agree. Midway through Bruce's set, they realize they made a mistake and they're yelling at Appel to get him off the stage, he refuses. Murray is hysterical back stage at the position her managers put her in. Bruce finishes and 70-80% of the crowd leaves.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You could say they spread their tiny wings and flew away.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

All I know is, I'd move to North Carolina if the governor would just ban those annoying bathroom hand driers.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I dunno, sometimes a trip to the restroom just doesn't seem complete without a nice warm blowjob to cap things off.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Thanks for dropping by, Donald.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just be careful. It can end badly.

Draft saved Draft deleted