1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Never, EVER go to the dealer for work

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Nov 16, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My dad works for a Chevy dealership -- same one I bought my car from a few years ago. I get his employee discount on just about everything and I haven't gotten shafted on anything ... yet.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Inspired by this thread I just refilled my windshield washer fluid tank. It was easier than I thought.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What did you put in there?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

WHERE IS ALL THE GREY GOOSE??

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

good grief. any able-bodied person needing a mechanic to do this shouldn't be driving a car.

tire store i use rotates tires (and fixes flats) for free.

6. Boom_70

I used all season Echo Green - an ethanol based solution good to - 25 .

In case anyone else feels adventuresome here are the steps needed:

Tips to Check the Windshield Washer Fluid

1. You need to park your car on a flat surface and make sure that your engine is cool and then open the hood.

2. You can see a reservoir for windshield washer fluid and normally it will be seen under the windshield. Usually it is a white and translucent tank. You can found markings that indicate the level of washer fluid.

3. If the fluid inside the reservoir is less than half of the indicator then you have to add washer fluid to the tank. Before adding the fluid you have to ensure that the tank does not have any leaks or cracks. If so you have to replace the tank with a new one.

4. The proper ingredients and their combination for replacing the washer liquid will be available in the car owner’s manual. Take the appropriate liquid and replace the cap of the reservoir. Now fill the tank with the help of a funnel up to the full mark. The funnel will help you to avoid spilling of the liquid in to the engine bay.

5. Replace then cap on the reservoir and turn on the car and check the windshield washer nozzle to determine whether the nozzle pumps the correct quantity of washer fluid.

A funnel helps but is not necessary to get job done.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dealer last year told me I needed a brake job and tires. Tires from Tirerack.com and Fedex'd and installed elsewhere. Independent brake guy this year says I have 10,000miles left on the brakes.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I knew it. You cannot trust the purple team.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The Leader of the Purple Team!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That's considered adventuresome?

12. Boom_70

Sure -- if you are driving down the interstate in a driving snow storm and the Echo Green stuff does not work as well as the methanol stuff it could be a real adventure.

Draft saved Draft deleted