1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Never complain about traffic in your city again. Ever.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, that's clearly done just to piss YOU off. It's really the same construction crew. They've implanted a tracking device in your skull, figure out which way you're going, and set up shop there.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That would be a great reality TV show. See how long it takes before Smallpotatoes cracks.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ask the builders of the Florida Turnpike between St. Cloud and Fort Pierce. One exit in a 91-mile stretch ... and they had the nerve to stick a toll booth in the middle of it.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Think this is bad? Just wait. I saw a study recently that included the following: China currently has 4 cars per 1,000 people. In the next 10 years (my memory isn't perfect on this time frame) they're expected to add 1 billion people to their middle class, and those people are going to want cars. Want to get rich over the next decade or two? Invest in Chinese road construction.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And more and more of their population wants to get off the farm & move to the city.

Their government is, and will have to, forcibly prevent such a migration.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They are adding a lot of people to their middle class, but 1 billion is a huge overestimate.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I have been seeing this more and more in the years I’ve been going over and it has been nearly 10 years since I started.

Friends that didn’t have cars, have them now. People that had scooters, now have a car to go with the scooter.

I remember driving back from dinner one evening and the guy pulling into the lot. Just five years ago there might have been one or two cars in the area. It wasn’t even designed for parking. Now, there are cars squeezing in all over the place and the building’s security needs to help people pull into a spot since they are so tight. Currently, I spend nights trying to find parking. I’ve gone into NYC and tried to find parking at times. I’d never seen anything like what I saw over there. It was madness.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Based on this traffic jam, you might be better off investing in a noodle cart and just walk up and down the highway.

Draft saved Draft deleted