1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Network fall schedules

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, May 14, 2007.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Did they officially cancel the Apprentice? I thought they had signed for at least two more seasons. I figured it wouldn't have been brought back until January, and they could probably just put it in one of the slots where one of their new shows inevitably tanks.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wonder how much an influence Battlestar Galactica was on NBC getting Bionic Woman on the air. From the video preview on NBC.com, it looks like a darker show than the original, just like Battlestar Galactica. There was also a pretty strong backlash against the remake in that case as well, especially word got out that Starbuck would be a woman.

I doubt it'll work, but it seems they are following the pattern that worked.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Clearly, the only prerequisite for being a network exec is complete retardation.

No wonder TV writers are so bitter.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You ain't kidding. I'm STILL pissed about the great Boomtown getting bounced, and that was a few years ago.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

How about Freaks and Geeks?

All the networks Cleveland Steam creativity, but NBC is by far the worst offender: Freaks and Geeks, the criminally mistreated Scrubs, Studio 60. Fuck a buncha peacocks.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

America's Funniest Home Videos is still around? And what did Men in Trees do to get bumped to Friday?

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Here's CBS.

America's Most Watched NetworkTM is making the same mistakes that NBC did before its free-fall. America's Most Watched NetworkTM has not cultivated new hits to in preparation for when its heavy hitters show their age.

It's good to see a little variety in the new series, but if people tire of the crime drama, America's Most Watched NetworkTM is in trouble.

However, at least America's Most Watched NetworkTM doesn't have to load up with dumb-ass reality shows. America's Most Watched NetworkTM has my respect for that.

8. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Close to Home didn't make it on CBS, huh? That stinks! Glad to see the return of Shark, though.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least they kept How I Met Your Mother. Now if they would keep Two and a Half Men at 8:30 instead of 9 like they did this week so I could see that and Heroes, I'd be even happier.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why would CBS break up Case/Trace? And it's good to see Shark get a chance on a better night.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I realize it's spelled differently but when I saw "Cane" on Tuesday night, my first thought was "They're doing a spinoff of CSI:Miami on David Caruso's character!?!"

Obviously <sunglasses on> I was mistaken.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The premise of Kid Nation is ridiculous.

Moonlight... hey, CBS! Glad to see you're giving Forever Knight another chance, but couldn't you have cast Geraint Wyn Davies in the role for cryin' out loud?

Viva Laughlin sounds interesting... it isn't Cop Rock. I've seen the Viva Blackpool premise it's based on, but my worry is CBS screws up a BBC show.

Cane sounds like a good show, but putting it opposite Boston Legal and SVU isn't smart.

I'd have put Big Bang Theory after Two and a Half Men, but that's just me. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted