1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Network fall schedules

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, May 14, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Re: NBC Fall schedule

It's on USA, with NBC showing second-runs two weeks or so later.

You can bet NBC's airings of CI will be on Saturday.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I never liked Criminal Intent.

The Friday Night Lights move won't bother me -- I'll just DVR it. I worked until 10 when it was on on Wednesdays, so no change for me.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I believe there will be four one-hour shows of The Office, which would put it at 28 episodes (24 + four extra half hours). They will air in the four slots Scubs (which will have 18 episodes) doesn't run.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's what makes me raise an eyebrow at this one.

The viewership which is going to have to drive FNL -- the people who understand how big high-school football can be -- are going to be out at the local high school's game, and no, they won't be home by 10 p.m.

And as much as we say it's not a football show, it's more about the characters, well, yes, that's right. But the BASE of it is still a high school football program.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This was the first year since I can remember that I stopped watching L&O. I never watched Criminal Intent, but watched the original and SVU religiously. I just kind of got sick of both shows...

Las Vegas is my guiltiest pleasure on TV. I absolutely love the show.

I actually think FNL can do well on Fridays. It won't beat NUMB3RS, but it can do better than it was...

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, that will step up USA's quality quotient. Good to hear.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The BIONIC WOMAN??????????????

How in the name of Brandon Tartikoff's Ghost did this escape the scrutiny of not only programmers, but the assembled of SportsJournalists.com? This is a cock-high fastball waiting for someone -- ANYONE (Bubbler, Slappy?) -- to drive it into next week.

Thank goodness for DirecTV. No wonder the only network shows I watch are "24" and the odd game, although I need to get into the "Office."

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the move of FNL to 10 p.m. will help - I'll surely tape it. As for the rest of the schedule, I'm not impressed. The game shows are lame (can you say slow-paced?), the geek/CIA agent show reminds me of that "2.0" show a few years ago, either that or the Greatest American Hero. I don't know why NBC didn't import some of their successful shows from the SCI-Fi Channel (which it owns) on to the broadcast network. I was surprised they stuck with their Thursday line-up as it was. Glad to see they worked something out with Law & Order. and CI. As it is I see myself watching just one-hour of NBC programming this fall (aside from Sunday football). The Biggest Loser Again? You're kidding me. It makes me pine for Fear Factor and Thank God You're Here.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So I guess this settles it ... bye, bye S60. :'(

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Did the Donald get ........."FIRED?!!!!"

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Settled well before now, amigo.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

and no one is sad, except hair boy's ego.

Draft saved Draft deleted