1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Network fall schedules

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, May 14, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=20372

Heroes stays on Mondays, Friday Night Lights to Fridays, Thursdays remain intact.

Law & Order and Medium on Sundays after football season.

It's a little smarter than last season's dreadful scheduling, but the climb out of fourth-place purgatory is going to remain a slow one, I think.

Why not FNL on Thursdays after the comedies?

ON EDIT: Added the link, which includes summaries of the new shows. Sorry for the faux pas.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Re: NBC Fall schedule

And of course the biggest news is, save for midseason replacements, no new comedies.

The report is that they've ordered 30-32 episodes of the big boys (Office, Earl) instead of the standard 22-24.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So they put Friday Night Lights in the same time slot that nearly killed one of their flagship shows (Law & Order)? Shrewd.
    Maybe once the Bionic Woman flames out by, say, Labor Day, L&O can come back to where it belongs.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd give my left arm to be a coach of something....anything...and fire that one out in a press conference. ;D

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Almost feel like I'm post-padding here....When are they mixing in the second "Heroes" show? And it's nice to see that there will, apparently, be a season three for Heroes.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

That's the one move that really raised my brow, but there are many, including some on this board, who believe putting FNL on Friday night makes sense. I guess we'll find out.

You gotta think the competition in that slot -- Numbers and 20/20, I think? -- can be beat.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think so too, but Friday and Saturday nights are a killer. People are either out starting their weekend or....at the local HS football game watching Jr. play.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If prime time was longer, they could run the show at 11 p.m. and have local highlights during the breaks. Then they could appeal to people who went to blowouts with no drama. Synergy, mothertrucker.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

friday nights are where shows are sent to be killed by shut-ins with no lives.

nbc sucks. crap, why is scheduling so difficult? morons.

"no, honey, we can't go out friday night -- my show's on!!"

riiight. :mad: :eek: ::)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If they're going to make L&O a half-season deal, they might as well just put it out to pasture. If it wasn't chasing Gunsmoke, and if it weren't for Dick Wolf, it would have been gone. Sad to see CI go. Sure it was DOA against House, but they could have moved it.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think L&O: CI lives on, but on USA, I'll have to find a link though.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Las Vegas thrived on Mondays... I don't think I've seen an episode since.

Draft saved Draft deleted