1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Netflix question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by You're With Me Leather, May 7, 2007.

1. This is exactly how Stephen Colbert is ridding the world of "Fahrenheit 9/11" on DVD.

2. Has anyone seen the new feature on Netflix? You can watch movies on your computer. The selection isn't that great, but there are plenty of good old movies to watch.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i agree with those who say to put the halves in the envelope and send it back. this isn't one of those scams where you buy merchandise at one store and return it to another to get a bigger refund.

i'm guessing it costs netflix about $1 to make each DVD because they make so many copies of each. but they'll probably charge you the standard $19.99 or whatever. if they only charged people $1 for lost or broken DVDs everyone would keep them so they basically have to charge high replacement rates.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I just stumbled across this, although I haven't tried it yet. Click on the "Watch Now" tab (for me, it's the rightmost tab).

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Netflix doesn't monitor those damn DVDs. I've received some DVDs broken, and they said nothing. I accidently sent the wrong DVD back (one of my own), and they never returned it to me.
    You broke their DVD, they'll fix it. Just put it in the envelope and don't worry about it. They have millions more.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I sent one back that they never received, reported it & that was that.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I've watched several movies this way; the selection could be better but for something that doesn't cost you any extra money it's great.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Leave it in your living room, then pour gas on the floor and light a match. Run outside and don't call the fire department for a good hour.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK, that is really funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted