1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Netflix Instant running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Looking for some new movies/TV series to watch on Netflix Instant.

I've watched Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Friday Night Lights...ect.

Just looking for some good stuff I've probably overlooked since I don't watch many movies

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Sports Night" could be interesting for you if you've never seen it (and you might have been a bit too young for its live run). Note the switch (a good one) from laugh track to no laugh track.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be studying, young man?

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm jumping in here for the same reason as I just dumped my Netflix DVD service and went streaming only (Figured with Black Friday coming up I could stand to dump the hard copies).

I would recommend watching Season One of the Walking Dead if you haven't already and I just recently watched a good majority of Season 7 of the Office.

Also, I watched the first three seasons of Weeds via Instant Watch and it was pretty solid. And, if you haven't seen Lost, feel free to jump in because that's there as well.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Sci-Fi fan or not...Battlestar Galactica (the revise from this decade, not the 70s one) is one of the best dramas I have seen in a longtime. Caprica was a spin-off prequel that lasted a season also.

And...since someone said you are younger...go back and watch The Wonder Years and My So Called Life.

Also, another vote for Sports Night and The Walking Dead. Damn good stuff.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

If you're into stand-up comedy, I just finished watching the Adam Ferrara DVD "Funny as Hell." He's the frequent Denis Leary co-star.

Very funny performance, it's the video version of the CD I downloaded a few months ago, so I knew all the jokes, but it's a lot better when you actually see his body language along with it.

Saw the Jeffrey Ross concert video a few weeks ago and was kinda disappointed.

7. vicd

vicd Active Member

Ralph Machio's first movie: Up the Academy.

8. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I don't think the Laugh Track was there originally. Comedy Central added it when it began airing there.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Watch ALL the George Carlin specials, pure comedy gold.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Veronica Mars and Party Down are both available to stream. Two outstanding shows. (Same guy created both.)

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Nope, the laugh track was on for the first few eps when they aired and they realized it didn't need one, so they got rid of it. I have the DVD box set...it had nothing to do with Comedy Central.

Draft saved Draft deleted