1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NERD ALERT!! All 6 Star Wars movies on back-to-back-to-back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I preferred the Rocky marathon on Spike.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Had to be done.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thanks, I''ll send the cleaning bill to SportsJournalists.com

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just wait until some marketing wizard decides to run all 10 Star Trek movies back-to-back-to-back. Beat me up, Scotty. :eek:

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Mucas says on the commentary something to the effect that Anakin fell from grace as a youngster. That Anakin was restored when Vader was redeemed and killed the Emperor.

That's the explanation. Can't say I care either way. Didn't take away from it for me.

As for the end celebrations, I think a lot of stuff in the special editions was just the effects people testing out stuff, seeing what they could do, having some fun with the possibilities. I liked the glimpse of Coruscant (and it would have been even better with the Naboo thing that's on the DVD, in the original special edition; give Mucas a chance to re-think Mr. Binks and friends before filming). I liked the glimpses of the celebration elsewhere.

JarJar Binks tangent: He was clearly an experiment. A moment of "can we do this, and just in case we can't, better make him stupid non-essential to the plot." As for effects (raise your hands, Gollum fans), Mr. Binks was a major breakthrough. It's a tribute to how well ILM did with him that people focus more on how annoying he is, rather than saying he just didn't look right.

Draft saved Draft deleted