1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NERD ALERT!! All 6 Star Wars movies on back-to-back-to-back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I've heard about the holiday special. They have to get Chewie back to his planet for Christmas or something? Is it really that bad?

2. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I've never understood criticism like this of the Star Wars movies. If you are expecting great dialogue and great acting from a Star Wars movie, you probably are going to expect great gyros from a Chinese restaurant.

It's a science fiction movie. It's going to be hokey.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I wouldn't even call it science fiction. There is very little actual science at work, unlike say, Star Trek's long speeches about why stuff works.

It's more like, fantasy stuff for youngsters. These are ultimately glorified B-movies. B-movie plots, B-movie acting and scripts. A-plus effects and music, wrapoped in a sincere package.

If it's your cup of tea, cool. It's not, equally cool.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yes. It's indescribably bad. There's a musical number performed by Jefferson Starship (with 3-D wireframe animation) and Bea Arthur plays a bartender in the cantina. She also has a musical number.

5. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Holy God. I think I just crapped my pants.

6. Herbert Anchovy

You should see it, Dude. When I have people over I just put it on in the background. It's the kind of thing that just leaves you slack-jawed.

7. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Maybe there was a list of name for all the apprentices that he had to use. Sorta like naming hurricanes and tropical storms.

8. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Amazing how Lucas doesn't seem re-release that on DVD every 4-5 years huh?

9. Herbert Anchovy

He doesn't consider it part of the canon, even though it was the first time Boba Fett was ever mentioned (during a short cartoon). He hasn't simply disowned it, he once said if he had the time he would track down every copy and destroy it with his bare hands. I guess Chewbacca's father (Itchy) wasn't part of "the vision."

It begs to be MST3Kied, which is the real shame of it. Those guys would have nailed it.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife just got back from Geek Con '06. She could barely walk up the stairs. I asked what was wrong and she said she was exhausted. I said of course you are, you just watched 12 hours of crap. "Thirteen," she said.

Apparently everyone started dozing off during the last flick. Which means they made it five films farther than I would have.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

So, that's what? A 14-hour stretch in which the people watching still won't get laid.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What order do you watch them in?
    Episodes 1-2-3-4-5-6 or 4-5-6-1-2-3?

Draft saved Draft deleted