1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neon Deion Sanders Biofile

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mrbio, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm OK. I took an antiBiotic.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That won't do any good against a knuckle sandwich.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

It will, however, help in the event of a staredown in close proximity.

4. mrbio

mrbio Member

Damn, that was actually very well done STguy, kudos to you.

5. mrbio

mrbio Member

Don't need to big time anyone. Wish you and them all the best and continued successes. Keep doin it your way.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they've chosen to remain (relatively) anonymous. And, you keep challenging them to a duel.

Their refusal to accept your challenge doesn't mean they wouldn't win.

7. mrbio

mrbio Member

Well they both insulted my work like it's garbage. If they're gonna slap me, I'm gonna defend. My work is different, and a lot of people love it. A client sent me a letter she received from Mal Whitfield, a former OLY gold medalist who actually equated my Biofiles to (his word) "gold." Another editor sent me letters he received from readers saying how much they love Biofile and when they open the paper it's the very first thing they look to read.

I will fight for what I believe in and defend my work. Take a slap at Biofile and you're taking a shot at me. Be ready for the return fire.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bio, it's your self promotion people have a problem with.

And you did it from day one.

Hang around. Get to know people. And then, if you want to promote a little, with a little self deprecation, people won't mind it so much.

9. mrbio

mrbio Member

I hear ya YF. I would like to see others post their recent works so we can enjoy, critique, compliment it. More people should post their stuff IMO.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I do think that BioFiles would make decent fodder for the Writers' Workshop, where we could discuss the content, what questions hit the mark and what fizzled, what could and should have been asked.

Might even liven the place up a bit. I'll admit it's been months since I've waded in those waters.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/forums/10/

Draft saved Draft deleted