1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neon Deion Sanders Biofile

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mrbio, Aug 8, 2011.

1. mrbio

mrbio Member

This was a memorable interview with the newly inducted NFL Hall of Famer. Back in '95 at Shea, Neon was frontin like he didn't want to talk after the game. But somehow I sensed that he would but wasn't gonna give it so easy, so he made me work for it. I'm pretty sure wearing a fedora with a press card helped the cause. Then I made my move. Remember the sequence exactly and always will. Said to Deion, Okay I'm gonna ask you the questions anyway, if you want to answer you can if not okay. Who were your childhood heroes? And not a second went by and he answered: "Muhammad Ali, OJ Simpson, Hank Aaron and Julius Erving." And then he proceeded to give a full Biofile. This was early on in my career and a big moment, as it was not easy to get big name stars to do interviews without advance notice or set up. Deion Sanders was really cool and always appreciate him doing it. Also, Barry Bonds was in the next locker and he witnessed the whole thing and smiled about it. Never did get the Bonds Biofile though.

http://www.examiner.com/sports-profile-in-national/biofile-interview-with-deion-sanders

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This is like two days too late, at least.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And this is "news" in 2011 because....?

What a worthless self serving excuse for starting a thread.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Deion was definitely the best staredown corner in NFL history.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I would feel more confidence in these if they were written by a medical professional. "Dr. BioFile" would be a must read.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Mrs. BioFile, the sporting midwife."

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Do you know the one-word slogan on Deion's bus?

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I do not.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I watched about 2 minutes of Sander's induction speech. Sorry, I can't feel joy for a guy that used the story about how his mom embarrassed him by working at a hospital ('pushing a cart,' as he said) and his friends made fun of him.
    Fuck you Deion...she was busting her ass making money to feed your ass and keep you clothed. Asshole.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

How about "Captain BioFile of the King's Royal Hussars"? More authoritative, am I right?

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Who has more files on Americans? J. Edgar Hoover or Biofile?

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, wow, what a great get! i mean, getting deion sanders to open up like that with a microphone in front of him! bravo! how'd you ever pull that off? what a treasure these 'biofiles' are! an exercise in journalism excellence!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

by the way, not for nuthin', but was that deion doing a shannon sharpe impression or sharpe doing a deion sanders impression saturday night? man, the tone, pacing, affectations were IDENTICAL. must've used the same speech/voice coach at cbs/nfl network.

i swear, i heard suckophants like rich eisen kvell over deion's hof speech (which i did not hear live) all day yesterday i had to check it out for myself on one of nfl network's zillion replays.... and i could've sworn i was listening to shannon sob and start all over again. talk about soundalikes! :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted