1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neil Boortz tells the truth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 28, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hard to believe we're debating the concept of progressive taxation in 2007.

Boortz appears to have digested the Ayn Rand nonsense when he was in his twenties and hasn't quite crapped it out yet.

He sounds like my drunken Uncle Charlie at Thanksgiving dinner. Problem is my Uncle Charlie doesn't get paid to spout this nonsense over the airways.

As a wise man once said, "Beware of the man who has read one book".

2. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Well then you may as well add in other "stupidity taxes" like the lottery.

3. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Anything constructive to add?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sure. Boortz is a clown as evidenced by the various quotations thrown up here and he has the intellectual depth of a used car salesman.

But hey, if that crap gets you through tne night, be my guest.

5. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

So no.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There's nothing "constructive" to add to a nonsensical discussion started by Yawn posting "thoughts" from a shallow, barely literate right wing radio host.

Like every good North American university student, I read all the Ayn Rand canon and probably know more about it than anybody here other than Ragu. That's where all these libertarians get the foundations of their "philosophy" Problem is, her philosophy is as godawful as her writing.

It's a phase you go through and when you grow up, you grow out of it.

I stopped having late night common-room bull sessions about this sort of drivel several decades ago.

7. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Then why are you posting? Typical. I've seen the "I don't have the facts so I'll just toss out some gratuitous cheap shots and see if anyone notices but not before I claim to be more learned on the topic than anyone else" routine all too often on this board. Look, like everyone else, I don't have all the answers, but at least I don't claim to.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm not going to argue the merits of progressive taxation. It's one on the fundamental tenets of living in a free and democratic society--as has been pointed out. If you want to maintain the sophmoric position that "taxes are theft", be my guest.

It's not a debate over "facts". It's like arguing with a five year old about the merits of wearing hat and mitts when it's -30F.

And guess what? I'm smarter than you.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So Neal Boortz isn't entitled to his opinion, if it differs from yours?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, yeah.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo, Neal Boortz can have any opinion he wants.

Trouble is, his opinions are ignorant and hateful and not worthy of an adult debate.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sez you...who entitled you to proclaim that a simple stance on an issue is not worthy of an adult debate. Start acting like an adult and admit that you and FB and the rest are not the wellspring of all wisdom.

Draft saved Draft deleted