1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neil Boortz tells the truth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 28, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry, but that's bullshit. In the seven years I was a journalist (after my time in the Navy) I never made more than $30,000 and I paid income taxes several times.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sanchez, you may provide numbers which are on "your side," but I'm not a number. I'm a reality.

3. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

What years?

4. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I'd like to see those numbers run without tobacco and alcohol taxes considered.

5. Hell, likely one-third of the posters on here are journalists making less than $30K. Let's ask them if they pay any income taxes. Asshat.

6. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Please bring credible facts and sources like BTExpress did before lobbing personal insults.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Damn, I'm kind of late to the thread to say this won't end well, but ... this won't end well.

Here are two irrefutable facts, Yawn and D.S.: This board, in large majority, is left-leaning. You will not change their minds, regardless of how much sense Boortz makes. You really should walk away now.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So, the poor not only are lazy and shiftless . . . but they also spend a disproportionate amount of their meager income on booze and cigarettes. Even though their income barely covers rent and food and clothes.

That about cover it?

Any other stupid assumptions you'd like to add?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The fact that I've paid income taxes is credible, whether I have the actual memory for which years I paid them (fuck, I can't even remember what I had for dinner on Sunday).

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Why would you want to remove those from the list? They're just as legit as others on there. Why not, then, remove property taxes since you could make a supposition that a majority of the poor don't own their homes and therefore don't pay property taxes.

11. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I'm stupid like the CDC ...

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:Fp5zkbHeA8kJ:www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5320a2.htm+smoking+income+rates&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=26&gl=us&client=firefox-a

12. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

It does matter because the Bush tax cuts significantly increased the number of people not paying taxes.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/207.html

Draft saved Draft deleted