1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neil Boortz tells the truth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 28, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And Sanchez, I can appreciate the different paths approach. I guess where we differ politically and philosophically is that any movement to allow individuals to solve social ills as opposed to the government is predicated on individuals actually being willing and able to help. And while there's plenty of people willing to help, there's also plenty who don't care about their fellow man. Unless everyone helps, the effort is likely doomed to failure.

2. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Government is composed of individuals as well.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Understood. And probably one reason why government has failed in its efforts, too.

Maybe the issue is not who does it or who pays for it but that a social buy-in is what's required to make things work.

4. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Profit can be a powerful motivator. Link teacher bonus pay to student performance (and not by standardized tests), tie subsidized landlord rents to tenant evaluations. Give additional tax credits for charitable giving above certain levels. These are just ideas, maybe bad ideas. I don't know. All I know is that the current system is seriously flawed and not serving the interest of the people intended and simply spending more money is not the answer.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

On that last line, I absolutely agree.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Boortz!

[​IMG]

7. One big union!

8. Funny. For rich people, spending more money is always the answer.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Boortz!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted