1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neighborhood Ass-ociations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Nov 27, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Amen.
    At some point, someone is going to take a little prick like this to court for his arbitrary and capricious power play, association rules or not.

This thing has lawsuit written all over it.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, thank your lucky stars you don't have this dude living beside you:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1164667810479&col=968705899037&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

The man accused of decapitating his mother and setting their newly acquired house on fire was upset about their recent move and tried to get his mother to sell him their old home for $10 to $20, a murder trial has heard.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Beside me, I could live with that.

Down the hall? Now we have a problem. (don't go to sleeeeeeeeeeeep)

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Understood.
    But a vanilla neighborhood tastes better than one that has been poisoned.

And if any of you have lived in an area hit by a hurricane . . . you can wait for the city to maybe get around to cleaning your once-beautiful neighborhood up . . . or you can actually try to remove thousands of tons of debris yourself . . . or you can let the association take care of it.

I choose Door No. 3.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't ever want to live somewhere that I am forced to join one of these fucking things.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Nicely done Leo. Hope you enjoy Property 1A (I did.)

I share a private driveway with 5 other owners on our cul-de-sac. When we had to repave a couple of years ago, someone asked if we should for an association. I said, um no. Let's just pay our share, get the road paved ($30k), and go on. I did not want an association because that would bring loss of control into the equation which I did not want. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted