1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Needing top-notch paginator, The Villages, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BYUSportsGuy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Three exclaimation points?

My mom used to play softball for a travel team based at the Villages. She loves the place. I get the impression it's for exclusive, active and fairly wealthy seniors. Since my mom is only one of the three, she doesn't live there, but would like to. However, she got edged out of the team, likely due to some of what deskslave's mentioned.

2. For those of us who (had) have never heard of pickleball: http://www.sportsknowhow.com/pickleball/rules/pickleball-rules.html

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Um, so where exactly do the employees --- assuming that they are under 55 -- actually live?

Reading the description, it sounds like the newspaper job from hell.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

This paper had three seats at the Daytona 500, or as many writers as we sent. So they're covering more than shuffleboard playoffs, although I don't know what else they get to and what their desk situation is like.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

There's a fair number of towns nearby -- Lady Lake, Leesburg, Fruitland Park, Clermont, Bushnell. Even Ocala's not that far.

Granted, those towns all suck, but they're there.

Draft saved Draft deleted