1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need Tri-State Area Help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Michael_ Gee, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK, driving through metro NY today listening to Yankee game on radio. Why corporations pay such big money for listless drop-ins frdm John ans Suzyn, both of whom I've known for many years and like very much, so sue me, is beyond me.
    Sometime in western Connectcut John lays this rap on people.
    "Yankee Stadium is now the most wheelchair accessbile stadium in the (pause for dramatic effect) tri-state area!"
    My son, who was driving, began laughing so hard he almost spun us into the median. There's Yankee Stadiium, Shea Stadium, and Giants Stadium, right? There aren't any other stadia in the tri-state area.
    This was also the only non corporate sponsored announcment of the whole game. My pesonal favorite is whatever beverage is the "official amino acid drink of the Yankees." What with Sheffield and Giambi, having a biomed-based sponsor seems a risky proposition.
    This post is dedicated to BYH and the other Yankee haters.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Staten Island and Brooklyn have minor league teams. I guess the Yankees take their bragging rights where they can.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"She don't live in Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens or the Island of Staten." [/Stetsosonic]

Draft saved Draft deleted