1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need to vent

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jakewriter82, Aug 12, 2007.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

OK,

So I just started a new job and have been here roughly 3 weeks.
    It's been all right so far, but the program we're using to paginate makes me want to scream....loudly.
    Not only that, it's almost as if how I'm coding the stupid </l></rsblahblahblah>
    is more important to those above me than the actual copy editing I'm doing, which I was hired for.
    It's frustrating because, to me it feels as if spending my time on what readers don't even, nor should they ever, see, seems like a complete waste of time.
    Has anyone else ever run across this feeling?
    As a copy editor, shouldn't my focus be on, you know, making sure what the content that goes out is correct, as opposed to what doesn't go out but is used solely for placing the content on the pages?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You need to understand that the most important element to a newspaper is design. That above copy editing, writing and photography. If it looks good, then that is the best thing about your section...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh damn. That's right. He's not here any more...

Never mind.

4. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

You mean DyePack was actually right?
    Is that possible?
    heh

Draft saved Draft deleted