1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need to know any info about horrible pitchers from the 1920s and 30s

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SuperflySnuka, Aug 9, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The Hall of Fame will charge you. How much depends on how many clips there are, but usually it's not a lot (unless you're going for some superstar who would have books and books of clips).

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Depends on how much time it takes 'em to find what you need, lantaur. If it's a 5-minute search and a 41-cent stamp, they won't necessarily charge you. If they have to dig a little or send a heavier package, they will.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

buck: thanks for the heads up with the HOF. I will contact them and see what the deal is. I have a ton about his playing days. SABR was a great help, and the James/Neyer book has a fine essay on him.

The local historical society was positively giddy when I contacted them and told them what I'm doing. Turns out, they have a bunch of materials for me to refer to about him getting his start here in 1876.

This is similar to the takeout I did a few years ago on John Lee Richmond, he of the first perfect game in history, who was raised in these parts.

Draft saved Draft deleted