1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need to find a bar in Manhattan (upper east side)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jul 31, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

One small hitch. They need to be one of those bars that don't I.D. people.

I'm with someone who is 20 and it is rainy here.

I already have blisters all over my feet. I have so much blood on my socks, I look like Curt Schilling and or Chef. I also got soaked this afternoon and all my stuff is wet.

Basically, I need a beer. Someone help me out here.

Thanks.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Kinsale.

93rd & 3rd.

Irish bar. Lots of TVs.

They serve food, so there won't be a bouncer. Not sure if he'll get served, but he'll get in.

Order a burger w/ cheddar & sauteed onions.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The issue is that it's getting into the evening on a Friday so even the places that don't have bouncers are likely to card. I used to go to bars with my sister before I was 21 but it usually wasn't a weekend night. The one time we did, we got lucky and were able to get pitchers at the bar without them carding everyone there. But that was a few years ago and I can't remember the name.

You're better off going to the closest convenience store, getting some beers there and drinking them in your room.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Baker Street on 1st at the corner of 63rd. I've gone there many times. Same deal as YankeeFan's suggestion. Food, so he can get in. Can't guarantee he'll get beer.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

IJAG, I love, love Baker Street -- it was my local for about 8 years. My friends and I spent way too many weekend days watching NFL and soccer there and way too many nights (especially for the pub quiz). One of my friends even did his wedding after party there.

And the food was good enough for a casual date with the missus.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Milano's Bar

http://www.yelp.com/biz/milanos-bar-new-york

7. imjustagirl

Yay! That's where I got ralphwiggum and Piotr to meet me last summer when I was there.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Thanks for the help everyone. We didn't have any luck tonight. I'd go up to the bar first, order, and when they asked for I.D. I would be like "gotta go." It's hilarious as hell when your 23 and doing this. When I was 20 it just felt awkward. Now it is just comical.

Anyway, it's 22's of Blue Moon and 40s of Corona tonight while watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. Once we get hammered we are going on a pizza quest. Our goal is to find the $5 pizza everyone was speaking of. It may take a while on the subway, but who cares. It's pizza.

P.S. I anticipate drunk posts later, stay tuned.

9. imjustagirl

Google and www.difara.com says the place closes at 9. Sorry. You'll be stuck with chain at 10:20.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Few things in life as enjoyable as the NYC subway late at night.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Moddy just told the wife not to wait up.......and then kicked his cat across the room.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hilarious night on the town. Brown bagged some 24 ounce Coors Lights to Time Square. Saw some man lady dancing in the subway terminal for the 7 line and saw another man lady nearby. Must be a hot spot for man lady's.

Didn't go to the Brooklyn Pizza place ... instead we ended up eating at Zesty Pizza. It was awful. But they served beer. So that was good. Minus the shitty pizza and all.

Okay I've been up for 22 hours, my foot is still bleeding and I'm sorta drunk. I'm going to bed now, so Moddy doesn't have to wait up.

Draft saved Draft deleted