1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some help regarding boys high school soccer

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by highlander, Mar 11, 2009.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Covered boys high school soccer last night for the first time this season. Noticed one of the team's had its website address on the front of the jersey in this format schoolnameFC.com. I'm not talking in little letters these were big letters you could read from the stands.

After the game I joked with the coach saying I liked the new jerseys. He said they were the only school in the nation that had their website on their uniforms. I said I doubt that. He said "prove me wrong."

So can any high school-preps writer out there help me prove him wrong? Anyone else know of a boys soccer team that has its website on it jersey? Photo proof would be even better.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never heard of it. I've seen a bunch of soccer from different locations around three states -- a small sample, I know -- but never saw it.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I wouldn't really doubt he's right. No proof, though.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I would suggest finding out what companies make the most jerseys and asking them.

5. ZummoSports

ZummoSports Member

In my area, the next high school boys' soccer team that had a Web site would be the first.

6. Team in my area has its own web site, but the web site's name isn't on the jerseys.

7. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Interesting, certainly, but get back to me when a team has "Chico's Bail Bonds" printed on its uniforms. Then, my friend, you've got a story.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

The boys soccer team of a high school I cover has nothing but (very) small numbers on their jerseyes. What makes it really bad is the home unis are white with yellow numbers. Even with binoculars, it just looks like everyone has a mustard stain on their chest.

9. highlander

highlander Member

This team doesn't have numbers on the front of the jersey, but has nicely-sized numbers on the front of their shorts. Actually makes IDing pictures easier sometimes.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If it's a commercial, profit-making website, call your state HS association and find out if this violates the near-universal ban on advertising on uniforms.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

That's what she said.

12. highlander

highlander Member

Nah it's just for stats, results and rosters.

Draft saved Draft deleted