1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some foot advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jul 18, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Here's a really radical idea: go to a podiatrist.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Nah, no podiatrist needed. Just do what Zeke said, but I'd add one bit of advice: cover the moleskin with a strip of duct tape. No, I'm not kidding. It's what hard core runners/hikers use. Won't come off easily like a bandage will. If you don't have moleskin, put a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol directly on the blister and slap some duct tape over that.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

You should drain them, but leave the skin intact (except, of course, where you stuck the pin in). Don't just leave raw skin there.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

After you get this taken care of, to avoid blisters in the future, try Bodyglide (please hold the Astroglide jokes). It's a miracle product, as far as I'm concerned. It looks like stick deodorant and you apply it to your feet anywhere your shoes might chafe them. I haven't gotten a blister in more than 2 years of using it. Band Aid recently came out with a similar product, but I haven't tried it. You can get Bodyglide at REI and places like that.

http://www.bodyglide.com/

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I went to the PX (Post Exchange. Read: Army Wal-Mart) and bought some moleskin pads, alcohol for sterilizing the equipment and affected area and some New Skin liquid bandage. Oh, and a scrubbing bar to take care of the callouses.

It's been so long since I've had a blister, I don't remember how long it takes them to heal, or at least stop hurting. A few days? A week? Longer?

Do you change the moleskin daily? Or will it hold up in the shower? The instructions don't say, and I got no clue, here.

6. three_bags_full

Oh, and thanks for all the advice, folks. 'Preciate it.

7. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

[​IMG]

Yep. The whole thing. Sorry buddy.

8. three_bags_full

AP News Alert: Mission Accomplished! Major (blister) combat operations in the Olympian theater now complete

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Operation Scream Like A Schoolgirl was a huge success, 2nd Lieutenant three_bags_full proclaimed today from his office overlooking the parking lot of the Red Lion Hotel. The operation was swift and successful, according to the Blistered Bastard of the PNW.

The following is an exerpt from the lieutenant's press conference:

"I'd personally like to thank all those who were in the trenches, battling it out with the evil forces who threaten our peaceful existence. We must take the fight to the enemy, and we must not let them get on our heels (long applause).

"Prevention, not reaction to this painful condition, is our only hope of survival. We have the tools at our disposal to make sure those calloused soles never interfere with our way of life again (long applause). And today, I'm authorizing all all measures to protect this country, including and especially pre-emptive strikes.

"Thank you, and may God continue to bless 'Murica."

After a long, painful day, the lieutenant retired to his suite, noting that he would take more questions tomorrow.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Reinhold Messner is jealous.

[​IMG]

10. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I hear Michael Vick recommends Hush Puppies.

Sorry.

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Read the Newskin directions carefully. It's great stuff, but not to be applied on open wounds, y'know what I mean. Just don't do it (don't ask me how I know).

12. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Now that you are able to care for yourselves, my job here is done. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted