1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some advice on long distance relationships

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If it doesn't have to do with AP or other nitpicky things, he's not really paying attention.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

KY, Have you even met face to face yet? Or just exchanged photos and phone calls?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As someone who had a long-distance relationship that did work out, I will still add to the chorus here saying you need to slow it down, KY. A week is far too short an amount of time to be sure about anything.

The woman who would become my wife and I had our first date on a Sunday. By that Friday, we had agreed to stop seeing other people (I broke things off with another girl I had been dating casually). By Saturday night, she wasn't speaking to me (I really annoyed the hell out of her that day), so that shows how quickly things can change.

She was foolish enough to forgive me and we were going strong when she had to move away for her career about a year and a half. It took us nearly two years to end up back in the same state. Within the next year we were married and we now have a 3-year-old daughter together.

But you have to understand, we had a strong foundation built before we had to do the long-distance thing. Whatever it is you are feeling, or think you are feeling, you two don't have that yet.

Tread carefully, my young friend.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yep. I'll echo OOP here.

Even if you figure out a way to close the distance, you've still got a relationship to figure out -- and those are hard enough to begin with.

Take your time, take things slow, keep talking, let the relationship work itself out ... the distance will take care of itself.

And for god's sake, enjoy yourself. You're young, young, young. Nothing's set in stone yet.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Nope -- didn't see that.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Although there goes a 21-yr-old off the market. Sorry, sportschick!

( :-* )

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah. She HAS to stay in Michigan because the center in Detroit is the best place for her to be for her therapy. I don't want to take her away from that, seeing as she's made so much progress already. She was paralyzed from the shoulders down, but now has some feeling/sensations everywhere. And she's been walking at the center, too.

Hank, we haven't met yet. I'm hoping that'll change soon.

OOP, thanks.

8. KYSportsWriter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

To quote the great SC, "you're too young for me anyways..."

Riiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhtttttt

:D

:p

You know I love ya, SC.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Lemonade all over my screen. Classic, Cadet. Classic.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yeah. Do that first.

11. KYSportsWriter

We're working on it.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Did I really tell you that?

And damn you, Cadet, damn you.

Draft saved Draft deleted