1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some advice on long distance relationships

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 27, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Holy shit, dude. If you're serious, which for your sake I hope you aren't, slow the fuck down.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

KY, I know more about this topic than any logical person should. I've sent you a PM.

Just try not to rush things. I know it's not easy...but it's key. I'm here if you want to learn from my mistakes, and my successes.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Dude, a week? Seriously chill. Give it time. Sometimes people want to fall in love so fast they don't think clearly. Give it time to develop on its own.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Take it from someone who was in the wrong long distance releationship (I'm in NJ, she was in Lexington,KY) for too long... make sure you know it's real. Make sure she's someone you truly want to be with and not someone who's convenient because you're having trouble finding someone local.
    I was in my mid-late 20s at the time the long-distance relationship started (I'm in my late 30s now). Like others have said, be cautious, take things slow. It's only been a week. Once I got out of that relationship I was able to see things with a clearer perspective and eventually found the woman locally I married earlier this year.
    KY- if you want additional advise, send me a PM.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He's talking about managing a long-distance relationship, where neither side is immediately able to move.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I was actually referring to the fact that we rushed into things pretty quickly, too. And no, this won't be thread-jacked. KY has a PM from me that gives him a pretty good idea how hard and easy the whole situation can be.

7. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

KY, come back on the board in a month and tell us how you're doing.
    Anything before that is jumping the gun.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

gosh, if i'd known you were just a week into this, i would've kept my mouth shut. i echo the sentiment that you should re-visit this on here in a couple of more months, okay, dude?

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Trust me, I will.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's only been a week?!? Slow down, chill out. If it's meant to be it will be.

And I've tried long-distance stuff before, and I'm far too needy (I think that's the word I want) for them.

Good luck and all, kiddo.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I hope you're just trying to be an ass or haven't read the entire thread.

From KY's second post: "She is a paraplegic who had stem cell surgery performed last year and she's at the best rehab facility in the nation in Detroit. Moving her down here wouldn't do any good for her because she's already gained so much from the surgery and therapy."

Perhaps staying in Michigan might be related to something other than fear of committment.

Draft saved Draft deleted