1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need some advice on long distance relationships

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Have your puppy love fun for another couple of weeks. Reality will hit you, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it for now.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Buddah, I have never been more sure of ANYTHING in my life. I know I'm only 21 and she's 20 and that's saying a lot, but this girl is the girl of my dreams. Like someone told me, when you know you know.

3. Flying Headbutt

Dude, I'll bet you 50 bucks you're way wrong. After one week you know? You must be high as a kite.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

For your own sanity, slow it down, man. Seriously.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sportswriters are not known for their brilliance in matters of the heart. There are many war stories among us here.

I echo UT... take it slow. Even if your heart is telling you one thing, there are many factors that have to come together for things to work out. Timing is one of them.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If I moved for every girl I knew a week when I was 21, I would have been moving every damn week. Dude, sorry to pee in your cheerios but you won't know this girl in a month. She might be a wonderful person but one week doesn't mean love unless you are in 3rd grade.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I guess Doc and I are the exception to the rule.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

KY,
    Nobody wants to have their parade rained on when they are feeling the way that you do, I understand that.
    But I think everyone here over the age of, say, 25, has been in a similar position, long distance aside, where they felt something was really special. Looking back, there have been several relationships where certain things happened and I said to myself, "This has to be the one."

Obviously for me, that turned out not to be the case. The bottom line is, what are the benefits of hurrying? Not many...

The benefits of slowing down and letting things develop are great...

Again, good luck.

9. Flying Headbutt

I believe this was on the slate of stone that made up the 11th-15th commandments that God gave Moses. However when Moses got to the bottom of the mountain and saw his people worshipping golden cows, that unfortunately was the slate that got slammed down into the ground in rage.

For shame too, since the later five make it real difficult to have all sorts of ribald fun.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'm not saying it won't work out. I'm just saying he won't go wrong by slowing it down a little (or a lot).

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Don't you live together?

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Now, but I dropped my job to move out here and we knew immediately and nothing has ever made us question that.

Draft saved Draft deleted