1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need help with a Kansas question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Sep 5, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Ah yes, IUPUI, or as I like to call it, ewey-pooey.

Seriously, I think the daylight savings/non-daylight savings thing has gone to Hoosiers' heads... IUPUI? OMG, WTF?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

There's a rumor that IU's New Albany campus will be renamed to include Purdue, so it's new name will be: IUPUSE, pronounced IU-pussy.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

IUPUI is funny and a palindrome, as is mentioned every time IUPUI plays in the NCAA tournament. I can almost hear Verne Lundquist now ...

And no outing here. I'm thousands of miles away from Kansas. Why'll Kansas may have some problems, it does some innovative things that my state is using as a model and that's the focus of my article.
    It was the same article that caused my rant on the journalism board and I find it bitterly ironic that most the editor could come up with is UK not KU.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

IPFW sounds like some kind of workers' union.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And tell Senator Brownback to keep his fucking nose out of other state's business.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Look, Jay, tell this person that you've closed your eyes, only for a moment, but the moment's gone.
    All your dreams, pass before your eyes, a curiosity.
    Ittttttttttt's not UK. All you know is that it's not UK.

Also, tell them to send your check direct deposit, because nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky.

Draft saved Draft deleted