1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need help finding non-computer-based digital camera

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

My mom wants to get my father a digital camera for his birthday.

The problem is, they don't have a computer and pretty much refuse to get one (They're in their late 70s and are afraid that, If they're hooked up to the 'Net, a computer virus is going to steal their couch or something like that.).

I'm sure that there are cameras that don't really need a computer in order to get prints. They could just take the flash card to Target or something. But I'm wondering if there's a larger viewing station or something that might allow them to preview images before trying to get prints. There's also the question of image storage, etc.

Admittedly, it would be much easier just to get a simple computer and burn CDs for storage, etc.

They're just not ready to take on that tech learning curve.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Id say get the easiest to use camera. We don't want a virus stealing their couch. It happened to me once in college.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did you go to West Virginia?

Re: Digital cameras -- pretty much all operate with a memory card of some sort that you can take to a drugstore or walmart or whatever and get prints made. No computer needed.

Draft saved Draft deleted