1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

need help finding an email address...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by King_Cecil, Jul 13, 2006.

1. King_Cecil

King_Cecil Member

I need help finding an email address for an associated press sports writer. I have met him before and have actually covered a game with him a few years ago, so I'm not just blindly contacting him. But I have somehow lost his contact info, and I would like to get in touch with him again. How do I go about finding his email address?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Typically it is first initial, last name and ap. E.G. Fucking Stud = fstudap@ap.org

3. OneMoreRead

OneMoreRead Member

Giving a name would be a good start.

Somebody on here knows the writer. The writer can easily be contacted to make sure you're not a stalker or worse. Then the information can be PM'ed to you.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

AP addresses are typically configured this way:

jlitke@ap.org

First initial, last name.

Give that a try.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's right. It's the AIM names that usually have the ap tacked on the end.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You could just call the bureau where he/she works and ask for his/her e-mail address or even if he/she could speak to you on the phone.

Draft saved Draft deleted