1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need good karma? Save Earl

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writestuff1, May 22, 2009.

1. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

How I Met Your Mother on CBS is a real funny ensemble comedy.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

It was one of the funnier shows on TV, back when it was on the air.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd like to see a comparison of the weekly lineups from 20-25 years ago compared to now. There are probably more sitcoms in a given night back then than there are on all four networks combined now.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're right. I was thinking of the wrong show. I actually watched a few episodes of Still Standing this weekend. I dig the wife.

I'm thinking of Yes, Dear.

My bad.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Yes, Dear wasn't very good. I still watch it on TBS everyday. I'm home with the baby for most of the summer and get stupidly bored. There's only so much Baby Einstein an adult human being can take.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I like Jason Lee, I really do. But good riddance. I could never sit down and enjoy that show.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I've seen the episode (the end of the first season, I think) where Earl tries to make up for ruining Joy's second wedding at least three times and I'm sure I'll watch it again. It might be the funniest 30 minutes ever, from Joy getting crushed against the bridesmaid's bosom to the wild misunderstanding between Earl and Crab Man over exactly who Earl just slept with, for which he is trying to make amends.
    My wife has never been a big fan, though. She says she goes to my family reunions, she doesn't need to see the videos.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

The episode with Norm MacDonald as Little Chubby (the first one, which ends with him taking a baseball in the jewels) remains one of my favorite pieces of television since Seinfeld went off the air.

I still have that bitch on DVR.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the effort guys, we appreciate it. It seems that Earl is actually dead. Fox has passed. The mustache will live on in our hearts.

9:31 AM May 23rd from web
    EthanSuplee

http://twitter.com/EthanSuplee/status/1894444292

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The one where Earl trains a cat for a cat show is my choice as the funniest 30 minutes anyone has ever done.

Draft saved Draft deleted