1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need baseball cap help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Jan 5, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I got a fitted cap for Christmas. At 7 1/4 it's just a mite snug and I'd like to get it just a bit loser (it's too long of a story, but this would be far easier than sinply returning it and going to a 7 3/8) so it would be more comfortable.

Any help on how to loosen the band? I've heard get the band soaked and then wear it until it dries and shrinks to fit, but I figured before I'd try that I'd call upon the best sources in the world for help.

Got any ideas?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Iron the bill flat and wear it crooked. That'll look cool.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Soaking it and wearing might help a little, but a cap that's too small will usually stay that way. You might try shaving your head.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Take a steaming hot shower with it

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Ask for an adjustable cap next year.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

There actually are hat stretchers available. How much they cost, I don't know. But most, if not all, of the MLB teams use them.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

I've always found that fitted caps, unlike vaginas, get smaller when they get wet.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Good call, Jonesy.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not to belabor the point, but vaginas fit much better than caps when they're wet.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

MLB teams use cap stretchers? If that's not evidence of steroid use, I don't know what is.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've had an mlb fitted cap, but if it's made of wool, you're sol. Once you sweat in it, it will shrink without fail. Exchange it before you change the color of the band.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Barry Bonds' personal cap stretchers...

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted