1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need Asheville NC Travel Advise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jun 23, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mrs. t_b_f and I are headed to Asheville while I'm home on R&R in October. We're riding the new motorcycle from Tennetucky and are staying for about four days.

We plan to ride the Blue Ridge one day, hit the Biltmore for a day and just walk around town for a day or two.

Neither of us have ever been, and from what I hear, we won't be too disappointed.

Staying at a B&B about a half-mile from downtown so we can do a little bar-hopping and stagger back to the barracks for the night.

Any other suggestions?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As was once said of Paris, too bad Asheville is wasted on Ashevillians.

We honeymooned there in 2004 and loved the town. Biltmore is worth the trip and be sure to visit the winery.

And I'm sure all the cars there still have their Kerry/Edwards stickers displayed proudly.

3. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Spent a night there last fall. Downtown had a great vibe, sort of a southerner-meets-hippie type of thing. There's a drum circle on Friday nights on the downtown square that draws a crowd, and there's some good restaurants right there, as well. Didn't have time to visit the Biltmore, but I intend to the next time I'm up that way.

A note about lodging during fall weekends in Asheville: It's not cheap. Had to pay $90 for a night at a somewhat questionable Red Roof Inn.

4. AD

AD Active Member

grove park inn is superb. great coffee joint in a converted double-decker bus across from a great movie theater downtown....

Draft saved Draft deleted