1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need Asheville NC Travel Advise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Will be making a quick business trip to Asheville NC in a few weeks.

Need hotel recomendation preferably close to airport.

Thank you.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can't remember the hotel I stayed at on a drive through the area, it was a chain, was fine and was located near the Biltmore Estate. But I'd definitely check out the Asheville Brewing Company and a couple of the other pubs in town. Some really nice spots.

3. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Are you a AAA member? You might be able to get a good rate at the Days Inn.

I'm not near my folks right now. They seemingly go to Asheville, N.C. every two weeks.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There's a Fairfield Inn right next to the airport.

Lots of solid little places to grab grub in town. There's a German place in the middle of downtown. Bier House, I think. Can't remember. Also, the Tupelo Honey Cafe is a little hippie, but the food is out of this world good.

5. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I can definitely recommend Nona Mia's for Italian food. No, I haven't been there, but my folks brought back a pizza they'd bought on Thursday night for dinner on Friday night.

If that pizza isn't the best I've ever tasted in my life, I couldn't tell you which was better. And being stored in a hotel refrigerator, then later a cooler did not degrade the taste at all.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Going there this weekend. Splurged and booked 2 nights at Biltmore Village Inn. Told me wife I found "a nice place." She said, "Don't tell me any more. Let me be surprised."

Hope it's as nice as I think it's going to be.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Here's a photo. The rooms are smallish but comfortable.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Last time I went to the Biltmore (over Christmas, my bro lives in Charlotte), I saw that place that's on the actual property of the Biltmore. Is that what you're talking about? If so, that looks awesome. I'd love to stay there although we also went to dinner at the Grove Park Inn and I wouldn't mind a nice weekend there either.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Been to Asheville once. Twenty-four years ago. Stayed at the Grove Park Inn. Wonderful. Not near airport but the town ain't that big.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Check to see if the Tourists are in town (pun not intended). McCormick Field is a nice place to watch a game.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Six rooms, whirlpool baths, fireplaces.

Be advised that if you take the Biltmore Mansion tour, you will get your exercise for the day.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I recommend the Asheville Arms.
    Also, try the Asheville Diner.

Draft saved Draft deleted