1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need an answer to a Tiger Woods question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2underpar, Jan 11, 2009.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Looking at PGAtour.com, he's listed on the final leaderboard as DNS but Mickelson, Paddy and Sergio, who also didn't play, are not. Is it because Tiger is injured?
    If so, does he get last-place money?
    No big deal just curious.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

i read that because he is injured, he is officially entered, gets last place money, but that money does not count toward the season-ending money race... I might not have all that correct

3. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

i assumed that was the deal, but i think today is the first time he has been listed on the full leaderboard. I'm not sure Dougie Ferguson has had that as a note this week.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

From Jason Sobel's Weekly 18 on ESPN.com:

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

dferguson@ap.org

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Perhaps Travis Perkins, J.L. Lewis and John Daly should make more fuckin' birdies.

7. Travis Perkins?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Daly would just blow it on chicken wings, booze and hookers.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Awesome.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There's no big deal about this. If there is a limited-field tournament with no cut, anyone who was qualified for the tournament but was injured (and provided medical evidence) got the last-place money.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No, not a big deal at all. I'm just not sure everyone knew the rule, hence the original question. I wasn't aware of the rule myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted