1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need advice on two fronts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 2, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Take the top off, and try to get a good look at what's goin' on there. That's the key. Eventually, you should plug the hole.

No idea on the toilet, though.

(I'm sorry, I was physically unable to restrain myself from that.)

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

End. Of. Thread.

:D ;D ;D :D

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm married, so I got no idea about the girl part of this. All I can tell you is you never know until you ask.

As for the toilet, it sounds as if you need to replace the greatest named device in all of hardware -- the ballcock. (Hey, come to think of it, maybe this somehow will relate to the girl question)

For whatever reason, this little part, after a while, stops moving up and down like it should. That causes the water to not automatically shut off when the top part refills with water. Anyway, for like $15 and 30 minutes of rather simple labor, you can solve the whole thing.

I can assure you that the answer to No. 2 will be much more complex than $15 and 30 minutes, although ballcock might fit in there somewhere.

4. TenFour

TenFour Member

Asking is so uncouth.

You are a charming bastard, Jay. She's either interested or a figment of your imagination.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed. ;)

7. Trust NoOne

Trust NoOne Member

She's what we used to call a "muffin."

Electronics companies hire them (or the agencies that work for them) by the dozen. Back in the days when electronics magazines ran actual reviews (not the marketing driven spin messages now found since about 2002) they exsisted as a sort of hormonal damage control system for the manufacturers.

Young flirty, semi-hot to silly hot chicks who pitch you story ideas and tell you how wonderful you/your publication is — or "work" with you on your product review. A few do cross the line boink the writers, but its mostly "flirt for hire."

Sorry, man. But it sounds like the toliet thing is on the way to mending.

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

By the way she sounds, I think it might just be $10, 15 minutes and a dark alley.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

tell her you can't do the story. ask her on a date. if she says yes and it's a real date - she doesn't use it as a pitch session - then you've got yourself a honey. then do the story if you want.

Draft saved Draft deleted